Saturday, June 8, 2013

ACCESSOREYES




Have you noticed how popular glasses are? Not just sunglasses and clear eyewear, but beyond the lens and frame. Eye glasses are now a popular medium of art and pop-culture in prints on clothing, jewelry, cases... the list goes on! It's a revolution the awareness of eye protection is on the rise thanks to global warming and the availability of merchandise. Let's face it- they're in your face from the gas station to the dollar tree, from the grocery store magazines to the mall! Eyewear is Everywhere!



The inflation of these products is Astounding  and it makes me sick to my stomach! Just today I was Browsing on Etsy (...and when i say browsing I mean drowning in an online flea-market of heavenly goodness!) and all of a sudden I came across a regular fabric case selling for $15.50 when I know for a fact that very same case sells for a little over a dollar. It was also, listed as a vintage item when clearly it was Not! I had to report it as the seller was claiming to be a "certified vintage seller" honest mistake? Or, Huge mark up!? This is an industry where there is a potential income.
 
This case below is Selling on Etsy.com
Hand painted eyeglass case
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment